Thursday, April 9, 2009

What we've been up to...

We've had a busy, fun last few months! Here's what we've been up to...

Several weeks ago, I went on a Women's Retreat with my church. It was one of the few times that I have been away from Zayde over night. He stayed with his Daddy, and they had a BIG surprise for me when I got home. This is what my sweet baby looked like before I left...















And this is what he looked like when I got home...

AAAHHHHHHH!! This was the worst "welcome home" EVER!! I cried like a baby- I was not ready to give up those precious curls. This was Zayde's first big boy hair cut and I was not there. (sniff, sniff) He looks like such a little boy now! Zack told me he hopes that I will start treating him like a big boy instead of a baby now that he looks older. We'll see...

Now, on to what we've been up to...

Zayde has had fun playing with his friend, William.




We went to Fast Lane's and bowled in a glow in the dark bowling ally. It was a blast!




Zayde's new passion is movies. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES movies! He is constantly bringing his movies to me from our DVD boxes, saying, "Moo, moo" (he still does not talk very well). So, we have to limit it to 2 movies a day. However, when he is not watching a movie, he is ALL boy, running, jumping, bouncing, falling, bumping his head all over the place!



Zayde had a "sleep over." We kept his cousin, Mia for a couple of nights and they had a blast. We had a movie night with popcorn and hot chocolate.





We enjoyed a weekend at Zack's family's lake house with two of our favorite couples...
Beau and Jessica



Christy and Denny



Zack and Amy (me)



Zayde adores Beau!



And of course his Mommy, too!



Zayde's new favorite person in the whole world is, "Papa." He LOVES his papa. Every time we pull up in their drive way, he yells with a huge smile on his face, "Papa! Nana! Papa! Nana!" When we leave he cries, "Papa! Want Papa!" I am so thankful that Zayde has such wonderful grandparents. We cherish our time with them.

P.S. Please do not look at the pj's he has on. We were staying with my sister (who has a 2-year-old daughter) and his had toilet water on them- another story! So, he had to borrow Kynzie's.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys have been busy! Zayde looks like such a little boy with his new haircut...it is so cute!

Brittney said...

I love his haircut!!! I think little boys look so cute with "big boy" hair. Brooklynn has those same Dora PJ's. :)

Cassie said... said...

Nothings wrong with a little Dora...at least it was blue and not pink! I love the haircut, but I know how your heart hurts too.

Anonymous said...

I think his big boy hair cute is adorable! I cried when we cute Dagan's also!

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute with his big boy haircut, but I would have been put out too if Eric had done that to me! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun. I haven't blogged much lately either...weird. Glad to have my blog sister back.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, poor Amy! I net you cried. Did he save any curls for his baby album?